3D Easter Sharpie Art

Making holiday art with kids is a wonderful way to spend time together and to create some wonderful keepsakes. My boys made 3D Easter Sharpie art recently, and I absolutely love the way it turned out. Today, I am sharing a step-by-step tutorial and video that will allow you to make this easy and inexpensive project with your children.
To make Easter Sharpie Art:

1) Cut a 4X6 rectangle from an old cereal box.
2) Draw an Easter egg shape, trace with glue, cover with yarn, and allow to dry.
3) Cut a piece of tin foil slightly larger than the cardboard, cover the dull side with glue from a glue stick, and place over the egg design.
4) Secure the tin foil to the picture with tape (on the back).
5) Smooth out the tin foil (and press into the yarn) with a piece of felt.
6) Decorate with Sharpies, allow to dry, and place the artwork in an inexpensive dollar store frame.


Want to see how we did it? Check out our video: 


Each of my boys made their own Easter art, and I put their creations in dollar store frames. I love our new Easter decor, don't you?


I think this Easter artwork is perfect for children of all ages. If you make this project with your kids, let me know how it turns out. I hope you love this 3D Sharpie art as much as my boys and I do.

Gina (aka East Coast Mommy)

3 comments:

  1. Love the site and all content.
    Congratulations and thank you

    ReplyDelete
  2. This year, Good Friday will fall on Friday, March 30.

    In different traditions, the date is also known as Good Friday 2018, Great Friday, Holy Friday or Easter Friday

    ReplyDelete

Don't miss any of the fun....