The Ultimate DIY Carnival Party

A carnival is perfect party theme for all ages. Everyone loves carnival games and treats. Today I am sharing the details of the simple and fabulous DIY Carnival party I threw for my boys on their 6th and 8th birthdays.

I set the mood by creating a simple carnival themed invite. I used a picture of my boys and added some info using Picmonkey.com. I printed the 4X6 photo invites for just $0.19 each at my local photo developer.



We also thought it would be fun for my boys to make their own carnival t-shirts to wear to the party. They used fabric markers and white t-shirts. I think the shirts turned out really cute, and my boys were really proud of their creations.


Cute, right?


On the day of the party, we had the party guest decorate bags as they arrived. The bags were used to collect tickets and prizes.


Of course, we also had some fantastic carnival food at our "concession stand". We ordered pizza, but we also had lots of popcorn, chips, cotton candy, and treats. 


And the cakes were colourful and cute too. You can read all about our Skittles cakes here.



I also put together a bunch of simple carnival games and activities. I used Picmonkey.com to make some signs and purchased a lot of my supplies from the dollar store. You can read about all our carnival games and activities here.


The kids won tickets when they played the games, and at the end of the party, they were able to trade their tickets in for inexpensive carnival prizes.


In order to save money, I crafted some prizes, purchased things at the dollar store, and repackaged items that I purchased in bulk. You can read about all our carnival prizes here.


The kids put all their prizes into the bags they had decorated and we added clown noses to create seriously cute loot bags/ party favours.


I think a carnival party is a perfect party theme. It is fantastic for a birthday, but you could adapt my ideas for a carnival fundraiser too. Have you ever thrown a carnival party? I'd love to hear about it.

♥ 
Gina Bell (aka East Coast Mommy)

7 comments:

  1. Thank you for this article which adds + in what we already know. I follow you for a few months, and I thank you for your advice that help young bloggers today to better advance their business.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this was amazing. im done i need not plan anymore, you took all the work off my shoulders!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful and prhbactical ideas~hope we can pull it off for our son's birthday~

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved this.....I lead a Long Term Care Center Ministry at our church and my team of volunteers visit residents at various care centers in our area. We could use several of these game activity for our residents. I think they would really enjoy these. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is amazing! I'm planning one for my son since we can't do our normal party ... this will be outside. I am going crazy trying to find the shape used on the signs. Did you get that from the picture app you mentioned above.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. I used Picmonkey to create the signs. Maybe this will help: https://eastcoastmommyblog.blogspot.com/2016/07/carnival-signage.html

      Delete
    2. You might find this helpful too: https://diypartiesblog.blogspot.com/2020/10/carnival-party-games-and-activities.html

      Delete

Don't miss any of the fun....