Easy Summer Science Experiment for Kids

In the mood for something fun and easy that will entertain and educate your children? Check out this simple science experiment, which is perfect for a sunny summer afternoon.


All you need to do is: fill a Ziploc bag with water, seal the bag, and then stick sharp pencils (slowly) through both sides of the bag. My boys were delighted to discover that no water leaks from the bag! (Note: You'll want to hold up the top of the bag so that bag doesn't get wider than the pencils when the water settles at the bottom.)


When my boys were finished, they pulled out the pencils and watched the water squirt out from the holes. It was a fantastic way to cool off on a warm afternoon.

My boys had so much fun, that we decided to finish the day with another classic experiment. We filled a bottle 3/4 full of vinegar, added some baking soda, and quickly capped the bottle with a balloon. My boys loved watching the baking soda/vinegar reaction blow up the balloon.


I love a simple science experiment, don't you? We might have to squeeze in a few more before the boys head back to school.


Gina Bell (aka East Coast Mommy)

3 comments:

  1. That pencils and bag one is a favorite - it's so quick and easy...and very cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My boys loved it... and they loved pulling the pencils out and spraying each other with water. lol Silly boys!

      Delete
  2. Sweet blog! I found it while searching on Yahoo News. Do you have any tips on how to get listed in Yahoo News? I’ve been trying for a while but I never seem to get there! Thanks

    ReplyDelete

Don't miss any of the fun....