Snow Day Snack

A few days ago we had a "snow day", so the boys and I made some "snowman cookies".  They were inspired by some beautiful cookie pops made by Amy at The Idea Room.  My boys made our version, so they didn't turn out quite as fancy as Amy's.  :-)


Here is how we made our version:


1)  I melted some white chocolate baking squares in the microwave {2 minutes on medium in a small microwave safe bowl}.  Then, I let the boys stir the chocolate until it was completely melted and smooth.

2)  I let the boys dip Oreos in the melted chocolate, and then they laid the cookies on wax paper.

3)  Using candy corn and chocolate chips, the boys made snowman faces on the cookies, and then we left them to harden.


Fun, right?  The boys loved snacking on snowman cookies and hot chocolate after an afternoon of sledding.


What is your favorite winter time snack?

♥ 
Gina Bell (aka East Coast Mommy)

* You can find me on facebook here.

1 comment:

  1. But they're still super cute! Love this idea. Thanks for sharing at Pinworthy Projects.

    ReplyDelete

Don't miss any of the fun....