Paper Chain Halloween Countdown

My boys are super-excited about Halloween, and are constantly asking me, "How many more days until we can go trick or treating?"  So, today my four year old and I made an adorable Paper Chain Halloween Countdown.



Isn't it cute?  We started by making a super cute handprint spider.


1)  I painted my son's fingers and palm with black (washable) paint.
2)  I pressed his hand onto a paper plate.
3)  I painted his other hand, and pressed it onto the plate... with overlapping palm prints.
4)  I let it dry, and then my little guy added two googly eyes.

Then, we added a paper chain.



1)  I divided sheets of construction paper into 1 1/2 inch strips, and my four year old cut them out.
2)  We linked the first strip around a slit in the paper plate, looped it around, and stapled the ends.  Then, we added all the links and secured them with staples.
3)  We finished by adding a ribbon hanger to the top of the paper plate.

Didn't it turn out cute?  How are you counting down to the big day?


Gina (aka East Coast Mommy)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't miss any of the fun....